Once installation is complete, you will be able to connect to the internet through a cable connection or via a wireless router. Please note, if you were installed before July 2017 Kerry Broadband would NOT have provided a WiFi router to you therefore if you have a wireless router obtained before July 2017, please refer to the place of purchase if you require wireless router/WiFi support for that device. Kerry Broadband cannot offer support for a device purchased from a third party.
What is installed?
There are a number of different devices used by Kerry Broadband, depending on the technology your connection is associated with but they will all have a similar layout to the figure below.
- The white dish above represents the antenna device attached to the outside of your house.
- The internal power unit is also known as the POE. This provides low voltage power to the unit installed outside. There is a single light on this unit and it MUST be on at all times.
- The black antenna cable must connect to the POE port on the POE unit. The LAN cable then connects to your router’s WAN or Internet port or PC.
I have no connection!
- Unplug your internal power unit, wireless router or range extender from the electricity socket. Plug back in after 15 seconds and check if the lights come back on the devices.
- Insure that the POE power unit has a single light illuminated. If not, check the power cables and fuse in the white 2 pin adapter
- Check that all the correct cables are fully in their ports as they can sometimes become dislodged
- Plug the LAN cable out of the port at the back of the router and plug it directly into your laptop or PC LAN port. If you can get online the fault is with your router
- Make sure the PC/laptop/tablet/mobile device Wi-Fi is switched on and if your router has a wifi button, ensure it is switched on.
- If and ONLY after checking all the above and you still have no service, please contact us with your customer/login ID number. If you cannot provide your ID number you will experience a delay in receiving a response.
- If an engineer has been requested to call to your home and the engineer discovers that the issue was due an issue caused by the customer or the device or devices are powered off or mis-configured, a charge of €60 may apply